Saturday, April 11, 2009

Blue Ridge Parkway!


Day 49: 4/22. Today had some milestones that I would care to share with ya all.

First of all, I hiked my biggest mileage of the trip & did my first 30 plus miler!. Officially I hiked 31.8 miles, which puts me at 748.5 miles from Springer & 1427.7 miles from Katahdin. I dont plan to do alot of 30 milers, but I had to get one in in Virginia. God was very gracious & the trail very nice today.

Also at Curry Creek, I officially hiked one third of the trail. Only 2/3rd more to go! Yeah.

Also today, I crossed the Blue Ridge Parkway (BRP) for my first time. The trail goes along the BRP for about 200 more miles. It is kindo of nice the see the occasional car every once in a while.

Also today, I saw 7 more deer. All does. That brings my animal sightings to:
Deer- 10
Turkeys-3
Bears - 0
Moose - 0
Birds & squirrels - tons.

I am at Bryant Ridge shelter, one of the AT's largest with 4 ladies headed south. All of them are believers! CJ didnt want to do the 30 miler today.

Shepherd

No comments:

Post a Comment