Saturday, April 11, 2009

Floyd Wayside Shelter


Day 58: 5/1. It's official, I am crazy. By the grace of God, I made it the 23.6 miles to Floyd Wayside Shelter, plus the fact that I know I overdosed on Vit I (Ibuprofen). My right leg shin splint bothered me all day & my foot still feels like it is broke in two. But I am planning to take a nero day tomorrow into Front Royal (only 2.9 miles away). I was trying to make it into Harpers Ferry a day early so Amee & I could have 2.5 days together. I just dont know what happened. Guess Pastor Scott was right about the too fast too soon quote awhile back.

I am officially 954.7 miles from Springer & 1221.5 miles from Katahdin. I officially said good bye to the Shenandoah National park today. It was actually a very nice hike for the most part..except for my shin splints. I didnt see any bear, but did get my cheeseburger and fries today. The blackberry milkshake machine was down though. Bummer.

Full shelter tonight with Team Deutchmark, Squire & a SOBO named Micheal.

Shepherd

No comments:

Post a Comment