Thursday, April 16, 2009

Walnut Mountain Shelter


Day 20: Well we are lean mean hiking machines now. We left the hostel around 9:30, when it started snowing and it hasnt let up yet. Officially we hiked 20.3 miles. I wanted to call it quits at 15.4 miles but CJ and Jens talked me into another 4.9 miles. I am thankful they did, because that leaves us with only 13.1 miles to Hot Springs. That means we might get there for lunch! Yeah baby!

Well we are officially 258.8 miles from Springer & 1917.6 miles from Katahdin.

Well it was snowing when we went over Snowbird mnt, so no views. But God allowed the weather to break when we went over Max Patch. It was even more spectacular than I had imagined. Scott & Lakewood thanks for the heads up. It was still chilly...temp 30 degrees with 15-20 mph winds, so I didnt get to stay up there long. Did enjoy a Snickers up there though. Great pictures.

So far it has snowed about 1.5 inches. They are calling for 1-3 inches. Glad I am not in the Smokies!

Get to see Amee tomorrow! Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment